- Supervises the affairs of WCA
- Sees that Board resolutions & policies are implemented
- Designate two officers to sign contracts and other instruments authorized by or approved by Board
- Appoint Chairs & Members of Standing and Special Committees
- Fill resignations and vacancies on the Board who shall serve until the next election
IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT
- Acts as sounding board and as a resource for the president
Judy Lyons Schneider
- Cover duties for President, if she’s unavailable.
- Order WCA name tags or work shirts for membership. Items to be paid for upon ordering.
- Liason with ad hoc Hospitality Committee .
- Collects annual dues.
- Pay all bills.
- Reconcile the checkbook with bank statement each month, present copy to President and Recording Secretary at monthly Board Meeting.
- Submit an annual budget for upcoming year.
- Encourages existing members to recommend potential new members .
- Informs potential members to access our website to obtain the criteria for membership and the application form .
- Processes applications and follows-up with email acceptance of new members
- Sends reminders to current members (through “WCA Updates”) that dues are to be received between October 1st and November 30th for the following year.
- Collects checks and coordinates payments with Treasurer.
- Records payment of dues on roster.
- Adds new members to roster.
- Emails draft of roster to all members to ask for corrections and updates.
- Coordinates with Webmaster to allow new members to show their work images on the WCA Website.
- Writes and edits WCA News Updates 2 times monthly.
- Updates and publishes current information on scheduled WCA events and programs,
- Disseminates individual Member notices of upcoming exhibits and special classes, member news, photographs and articles of interest.
- Announces information on location and hostesses of upcoming monthly Lunch Critiques.
- Disseminates WCA News Updates via e-mail to all WCA members.
- Prepares and disseminates Board Meeting minutes.
- Responsible for keeping accurate written records of all business decisions of the WCA Board of Directors.
- Find venues for exhibitions.
- Prepare exhibition prospectus.
- Select a juror.
- Select receiving and hanging committees.
- Oversee reception arrangements, if necessary.
- Responsible for organizing and keeping records for WCA.
- Files programs of exhibitions and photos submitted by members of their events in the WCA album.
- Coordinates with WCA Photographer to update photo files.
- Maintains any archival and historical documents to be kept for future reference in actual paper storage so they can be reviewed by members at regular membership meetings.
PARLIAMENTARIAN & CO-PARLIAMENTARIAN
- Responsible for general order and procedure at Board meetings
- Reviews the bylaws on a regular basis and makes recommendations
- Familiar with Roberts Rules of Order
- End of November: Confirms identity and contact information of administrative offices at designated college in the rotation: New College, Ringling College or State College (North and South campus).
- After the deadline, meets with the committee to select a recipient and notifies all applicants of the selection.
- Requests their presence at the WCA End of the Year Party. The student should be prepared to share one or more artworks and a provide a short description her processes and objectives.
- Obtains Award Certificate and makes presentation at the meeting.
- Follows-up by encouraging the scholarship recipient to participate in WCA by attending future meetings and entering sponsored shows.
- Receives contact mail from members re: changes requested, images changed, etc.
- Works directly with webmaster re: changes, updates, maintenance of site.
- Email Contacted: email@example.com.
Judy Lyons Schneider
PUBLICITY and PR CHAIR
- Creates and maintains publicity contact lists for print and media outlets.
- Gathers information about WCA exhibitions and other newsworthy events from committee heads.
- Creates a press release with detailed information about an event, which is sent out to the various media contacts.
- Establishes deadlines for information relating to all exhibitions and events so that releases can be created and distributed at least 3 weeks prior to an event and then a follow up one week prior to an event.
- Obtains digital images from WCA photography chairman and winning artists to maintain an image file for use in publicity.
- Cultivates relationships when and wherever possible with media contacts.