EXHIBITION POLICIES – December 2018
• Artists are responsible to carry their own insurance on artwork. Neither WCA nor any venue will be responsible for any theft, damage or loss.
• All entries must be original work completed within the last three (3) years and not previously shown in any WCA show.
• Prints (including archival Giclee prints) reproduced from original works of art, whether embellished or not, are not eligible for submission.
• Original art that is created on the computer and transferred to canvas or paper is acceptable as long as it is labeled as such and numbered as an edition. This is considered digital art.
• Paintings should only be generated as original source material meaning: You can copy from your own photographs or drawings.
You cannot copy from other artists’ work, from a book or magazine or quotes (for collage) unless you have permission to do so from the original source.
You should not submit classroom work.
• Photographs and multiple prints, such as etchings, must be numbered as an edition.
• A Diptych/Triptych is considered as one entry. The total measurement of the two/three pieces must fit within the measurements specified, on the prospectus, for each show.
• All works on paper, including photographs, must be framed.
• Works on stretched canvas using staples must be framed. Gallery-wrapped canvas is acceptable, provided that edges are painted.
• An ID tag must be on the back of each work containing your name,title,medium and contact information
• Frames must be in good condition (no scratches or loose corners.)
• Mats must be clean and smoothly cut.
• Plexiglas (no glass) must be used exclusively, be clean, unscratched and unbroken.
• Screw eyes and wire must be attached firmly to the back of the piece.
• Dust covers and/or other backing material must be in good condition, clean and intact.
• Art work must be completely dry.
• Any changes in these requirements will be presented in the individual venue Prospectus.
• All artwork submitted must be for sale unless otherwise noted on the Prospectus. This means no POR, NFS etc.
THREE DIMENSIONAL ART
• The artist must provide a sculpture stand if exhibition venue cannot provide one.
• Stand must have a broad base to provide stability on carpeted surfaces.
• The Review Committee at receiving will preview all work presented for inclusion in each exhibition.
• Any work which does not adhere to the above policies will not be accepted for consideration.
• The Exhibition Committee must be notified in advance if an unconventional method of presentation or hanging is required. Policies of the host gallery will prevail.
• WCA members entering exhibitions are responsible for sending notices, invitations and e-blasts to their contact lists and collectors.
• Once an accepted piece of artwork is installed in a show, do not ask to change its location. It is up to the Hanging Committee to place and hang artwork.
• Six awards are given per show. First, Second and Third Place and three Merit Awards.